Frequently Asked Questions
Before contacting us, please browse our FAQ.
How do I report a City & County Problem?
Click on this link: to the “City & County of Honolulu Report a Concern” website to report the following issues that fall under City & County jurisdiction:
|Traffic signals||Street Lights||Road Conditions|
|Street Trees||Street Signs||Curbs or Gutters|
|Sewers or Storm Drains||Sidewalks||Refuse/Bulky item pickup|
|Fire Hydrants||Abandoned Vehicles||Public Restrooms|
|Public Parks||Playground Equipment|
If you are unsure whether the problem falls under City & County jurisdiction, click to our interactive map and/or the complete list of our Waikele Sub-division’s property managers and main office to determine the appropriate organization to contact for your concern.
How can I contact the Waikele Park and Recreation Center?
How can I request Condo Documents or Master Documents?
Association documents can be ordered through Docutrieve.
When are City and County Refuse/Recycling/Green Waste/Bulky Item Pickup days?
- Refuse: Every Monday
- Green Waste/Mixed Recycling: Every Thursday; alternating
- Bulky Items: Every 2nd Wednesday of the month (please refrain from placing items earlier than the evening before pick-up date). Residents in multi-family neighborhoods – inquire with your property manager on rules, restrictions and approved bulky item placement within your subdivision.
- Contact the Pearl City Refuse Center at 455-9644, or visit opala.org for more information.
How can I get a copy of my plot plan?
Single-family homeowners may contact the WCA office for assistance in obtaining a copy of your plot plan. For residents of Tropics at Waikele, contact your property manager.
When are the Modification Committee meetings and Board of Directors meetings?
Refer to the Bulletin Board in your most recent issue of the Waikele Ohana newsletter for upcoming meeting announcements. You may like us on Facebook as well. We post all upcoming events and meetings and information on social media for our residents easy access.
- Modification Committee meetings are scheduled for the first Thursday of each month.
- Board of Directors meetings are scheduled for the second Wednesday of every other month.
- If you are interested in attending a meeting, please inquire with the WCA office so we may add you to our agenda.
What are the association dues and what do they cover?
- Association dues are collected on a quarterly basis of $113 per quarter through Hawaiiana Management Company.
- Your association dues cover the rent for the WCA office, common area landscape maintenance, covenant enforcement of the association rules, irrigation, etc. The responsibilities are stated in the Waikele Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (DCCRs) and the Modifications Committee Rules and Guidelines.
What type(s) of amenities are in the community?
- All parks and recreation centers are under the jurisdiction of the City & County of Honolulu. The WCA owns and maintains common area landscaping within the community.
- Certain townhome subdivisions own and operate pools and recreation centers for the homeowners that reside in those subdivisions to use.